peyton manning's record reveals tom brady's greatness - SportsRip

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Saturday, 21 September 2013

BOBBY VALENTINE 'LET IT BE SAID'

Posted on 04:25 by raja rani


Bobby Valentine has become a lot like Lolo Jones. The former MLB manager and master
of self-promotion, seems to be addicted to attention and will do just about anything to stay
relevant.

On the 12th anniversary of 9/11, Valentine, who was managing the Mets in 2001, chose to
take pettiness to a entire new level. During a radio interview, Valentine, almost enthusiastically,
stated:

"Let it be said that during the time from 9/11 to 9/21 ... you couldn't find a Yankee on the
streets of New York City. "You couldn't find a Yankee down at Ground Zero, talking to the
guys who were working 24/7.''


That's great. On what has become the most somber and sacred anniversary in our country's
history, Valentine wants to play a game of, my daddy is better than your daddy. Really, Bobby
V? Nearly 3,000 people died on that day and you want everybody to know the Mets did more
than the Yankees to help out the city? Why don't you give yourself a big pat on the back if
it makes you feel that much better? Perhaps, Steve Phillips can pat you on the rear, as well.
That should make you feel really good about yourself.
 

I guess it's just Bobby V being Bobby V.  Here are few other things the former Red Sox
manager and new A.D. at Sacred Heart University probably wants it  known to the
world.

"Let it be said that if I was managing the Red Sox this year, I would've clinched a week
before John Farrell."

"Let it be said that I invented the sandwich wrap, double-switch in baseball, and the
Dragon roll when I was managing in Japan."


                                   "Let it be said I was right about Kevin Youkilis. He stinks."


         "Let it be said that I was a better running back in high school than Adrian Peterson was."


"Let it be said that I can ride my bike from my home in Stamford to my office in Fairfield
in under two hours."

                    "Let it be said that I invented 'twerking' long before Miley Cyrus showed up."


                          "Let it be said that I could've reduced the federal deficit in two weeks."


                       "Let it be said that I gave Anthony Weiner the name, "Carlos Danger."

Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • PAUL DEVLIN'S VALENTINE: HEAVEN SENT
  • LOLO JONES: SHE'S BAAAAAAACK
    After watching Lolo Jones cry on the set of NBC after failing to medal in the Olympics, I wrote that the American Hurdler wouldn't go aw...
  • THE DISSECTION OF JIM TOMSULA
    With his first word at his introductory press conference, the critique of Jim Tomsula was on. Everybody in 49ers nation hung on his every wo...
  • RICK RENTERIA GETS LEFT ON THE DANCE FLOOR
    Anyone who has spent significant time on earth knows that life is not fair and no one goes through it forever riding the good ship lollipop....
  • WITH A-ROD, THERE WILL BE NO REFUND
    When news came down that Alex Rodriquez would probably miss half of next season because of hip surgery, I couldn't help but think of a s...
  • JIM BIBBY: A BASEBALL GIANT
    I first met Jim Bibby in spring training with the Boston Red Sox organization nearly 25 years ago. He's one of the biggest human beings ...
  • JOE PATERNO AND THE 111 WINS
    Social media was flooded Friday afternoon with pictures of Joe Paterno smiling and celebrating with captions that read, "NCAA restores ...
  • JAVON BELCHER SHOULD BE FORGOTTEN
    When I saw a picture of the shrine the Kansas City Chiefs made to Javon Belcher inside their locker room, I realized, more than ever, that p...
  • WHEN IS THE PAST REALLY IN THE PAST?
    When does the past really become the past? Should the bad things Julie Hermann allegedly did 16 years ago destroy her future? Why do people ...
  • BELICHICK'S LESSON IN 'MOVING ON TO CINCINNATI'
    Jonas Gray? Who the heck is Jonas Gray? Sounds like somebody who attended an elite prep school in New England. Undrafted, cut by the Miami D...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2015 (26)
    • ►  January (26)
  • ►  2014 (111)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (19)
    • ►  October (18)
    • ►  September (23)
    • ►  August (11)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  June (3)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ▼  2013 (251)
    • ►  December (5)
    • ►  November (13)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ▼  September (24)
      • UM, CHRIS COLLINSWORTH, PLEASE SEE AARON HERNANDEZ
      • DAD LOVED HIS DOGS---ALL 4 OF THEM
      • EDDIE MURPHY WOULD BE 'LOL' ABOUT COMEDY IN SPORTS
      • I GOT DUSTED BY A 63-YEAR OLD MAN
      • 10 NAMES I'D SWIPE FOR A DAY (VOL. IV)
      • BOBBY VALENTINE 'LET IT BE SAID'
      • KERI CHAISSON-HARDEN: 100% IRON
      • JOHNNY MANZIEL:TEXAS A & M's GOLDEN GOOSE.
      • THE GREATEST JOB IN SPORTS
      • ERIC LeGRAND: BEST PLAYER IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL SATU...
      • TOM BRADY IS A WICKED LOSAH!
      • WEIGHT LOSS GROUP ACCUSES DEVLIN OF CHEATING
      • PAT TILLMAN: A CASUALTY OF 9/11 AND TRUE HERO
      • THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING FAT GUY
      • DIANA NYAD AND THE 'CRYING GAME'
      • DOS EQUIS GUY VS MIKE NAPOLI: TALE OF THE BEARD
      • DEAR JOHNNY: TAKE TOM BRADY'S ADVICE
      • TILLMAN TUNNEL: A REFRESHER FOR COLLEGE SPORTS
      • JOHNNY MANZIEL DOESN'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK
      • STEAK SHAPIRO AND CNN: A PERFECT MATCH
      • THE JUDGING OF JOHNNY MANZIEL
      • DIANA NYAD SPARKS A FITNESS REVOLUTION
      • DIANA NYAD TEACHES US ALL A LESSON
      • JOHNNY MANZIEL WON'T CHANGE SO DEAL WITH IT
    • ►  August (25)
    • ►  July (26)
    • ►  June (23)
    • ►  May (30)
    • ►  April (19)
    • ►  March (17)
    • ►  February (21)
    • ►  January (37)
  • ►  2012 (112)
    • ►  December (31)
    • ►  November (33)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (16)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (8)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

raja rani
View my complete profile