peyton manning's record reveals tom brady's greatness - SportsRip

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Monday, 10 December 2012

WHAT BOBBY PETRINO SAID, WHAT HE WAS REALLY THINKING

Posted on 21:27 by raja rani

On Monday afternoon, Western Kentucky introduced Bobby Petrino as its new
football coach. The Hilltoppers hired Petrino despite a checkered past that includes,
lies, deceit, and infidelity. He was fired last spring after it was revealed he had
an affair with a 26-year old woman whom he hired for a position in the football
department at Arkansas, bypassing protocol, in addition to giving her a $20,000 gift,
and many rides on his Harley-Davidson.

Here are some of the quotes from his press conference at Western Kentucky,
followed by the things that he must have been really thinking about as he took a job
that is a far cry from the ones he had in Arkansas and with the Atlanta Falcons where
he was given multimillion-dollar-a-year contracts. Petrino will be paid $850,000 annually
at Western Kentucky.

What Petrino said:
"At this point in my career, it's about getting back and coaching players. It just happened
to open up at a place we love."

What Petrino was really thinking:
"At this point in my career, its about using another program as a springboard to
a bigger and better job. It just happened to be at Western Kentucky. Good Lord,
I'm just going to have to rough it for a year in this place.. I'm just happy the
athletic director was desperate to get on ESPN for 10 seconds and the administrators
have a broken moral compass, just like me."


What Petrino said:
"I hope to be here as long as possible."

What Petrino was really thinking:
"I'm out of here as soon as possible. Bowling Green, Kentucky? This place makes
the living quarters in "Deliverance" seem like the Four Seasons. One winning season
and I'm gone."


What Petrino said about recruiting:
"I'm going to be able to sit down with mom and dad and the student-athlete
and make them understand how the (Arkansas) experience has made me a
better coach, a better person, and will make me understand their son better."

What Petrino was really thinking:
"I'm going to sit down with mom, dad, and the stud athlete and tell them
how the Arkansas experience was flat-out awesome. I mean, did you see how
hot that girl was? I'm 51, she was 26. Who's the man? I am. And you better
understand that if your son doesn't run a 4.5 in the 40-yard dash little
Johnny has no chance of playing for me.

What Petrino said:
"I'm looking forward to the opportunity I'll be able to give student-athletes
when they make a mistake."

What Petrino was really thinking:
"I'm going to give every student-athlete who is over 18, blonde, athletic,
with long legs, the opportunity to contribute to me and the program. It won't
be a mistake to use your talents for the good of the Hilltoppers. If you have
game and can keep a secret, I'd like to see you in the football office for an
interview before the start of spring practice.


What Petrino said about being back in Kentucky, where he once coached
at Louisville:
"My wife and I consider this coming back home."

What Petrino was really thinking:
"We're not even unpacking our bags or getting change of address cards. As
soon as another school shows us the money, we'll be out of this state quicker
than Secretariat."



Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to Facebook
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • PAUL DEVLIN'S VALENTINE: HEAVEN SENT
  • LOLO JONES: SHE'S BAAAAAAACK
    After watching Lolo Jones cry on the set of NBC after failing to medal in the Olympics, I wrote that the American Hurdler wouldn't go aw...
  • THE DISSECTION OF JIM TOMSULA
    With his first word at his introductory press conference, the critique of Jim Tomsula was on. Everybody in 49ers nation hung on his every wo...
  • WITH A-ROD, THERE WILL BE NO REFUND
    When news came down that Alex Rodriquez would probably miss half of next season because of hip surgery, I couldn't help but think of a s...
  • JIM BIBBY: A BASEBALL GIANT
    I first met Jim Bibby in spring training with the Boston Red Sox organization nearly 25 years ago. He's one of the biggest human beings ...
  • JOE PATERNO AND THE 111 WINS
    Social media was flooded Friday afternoon with pictures of Joe Paterno smiling and celebrating with captions that read, "NCAA restores ...
  • JAVON BELCHER SHOULD BE FORGOTTEN
    When I saw a picture of the shrine the Kansas City Chiefs made to Javon Belcher inside their locker room, I realized, more than ever, that p...
  • WHEN IS THE PAST REALLY IN THE PAST?
    When does the past really become the past? Should the bad things Julie Hermann allegedly did 16 years ago destroy her future? Why do people ...
  • BELICHICK'S LESSON IN 'MOVING ON TO CINCINNATI'
    Jonas Gray? Who the heck is Jonas Gray? Sounds like somebody who attended an elite prep school in New England. Undrafted, cut by the Miami D...
  • THE END OF A-ROD
    No matter what happens today, tomorrow, or this weekend, the career of Alex Rodriquez is over. After more than 2,500 games and 11,000 at-bat...

Blog Archive

  • ►  2015 (26)
    • ►  January (26)
  • ►  2014 (111)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (19)
    • ►  October (18)
    • ►  September (23)
    • ►  August (11)
    • ►  July (2)
    • ►  June (3)
    • ►  May (2)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  February (9)
    • ►  January (5)
  • ►  2013 (251)
    • ►  December (5)
    • ►  November (13)
    • ►  October (11)
    • ►  September (24)
    • ►  August (25)
    • ►  July (26)
    • ►  June (23)
    • ►  May (30)
    • ►  April (19)
    • ►  March (17)
    • ►  February (21)
    • ►  January (37)
  • ▼  2012 (112)
    • ▼  December (31)
      • FEARLESS PREDICTIONS FOR 2013
      • REMEMBERING FRIENDS WHO PASSED AWAY IN 2012
      • NEWTOWN: FROM UNIMAGINABLE TRAGEDY TO UNSPEAKABLE ...
      • GENERAL SCHWARZKOPF COULD'VE BEEN A GREAT COACH
      • MERRIL HOGE IS A TEBOW HATER AND PHONY
      • OCHOCINCO SEX TAPE? OOOOH, NOOOO!
      • REMEMBERING NEWTOWN ON CHRISTMAS DAY
      • CHUCK PAGANO IS HOME FOR CHRISTMAS
      • TIM TEBOW GOES OFF HIS RIGHTEOUS RAILS
      • ACCORDING TO SOURCES...
      • ACTS OF KINDNESS AND GREAT ACTS
      • MIKE ERUZIONE TO SELL OLYMPIC JERSEY: SHAMELESS OR...
      • VICTOR CRUZ AND HIS ACT OF KINDNESS
      • NEW YORK JETS USE AND ABUSE TIM TEBOW
      • SANDY HOOK AND ITS LITTLE ANGELS
      • THE DALLAS COWBOYS AND A KILLER ON THE SIDELINE
      • NEWTOWN NIGHTMARE HITS CLOSE TO HOME
      • 10 NAMES I'D SWIPE FOR A DAY-PART II
      • 12 BY 12 : SPORTS THINGS ON 12-12-12
      • WHAT BOBBY PETRINO SAID, WHAT HE WAS REALLY THINKING
      • BOBBY PETRINO: HE'S BAAAAAAACK!
      • ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS....
      • THINGS THAT'LL HAPPEN BEFORE NHL PLAYS AGAIN
      • JAVON BELCHER SHOULD BE FORGOTTEN
      • WHEN BREAKING NEWS DOESN'T BREAK
      • REALLY? I MEAN, REALLY....?
      • DEREK JETER AND PICTURES THAT MAKE US LOOK FAT
      • WITH A-ROD, THERE WILL BE NO REFUND
      • NFL SUICIDES: NOBODY REALLY KNOWS WHY
      • HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAD. YOU WERE THE BEST
      • NFL SUICIDES: DON'T BLAME IT ALL ON FOOTBALL
    • ►  November (33)
    • ►  October (10)
    • ►  September (4)
    • ►  August (16)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (8)
Powered by Blogger.

About Me

raja rani
View my complete profile